Boundless Impact Investing creates high-quality and objective research for impact investors interested in maximizing the social value of their investments. Our state-of-the-art knowledge platform offers sector-specific investment research, social, environmental and economic impact metrics and proprietary access to subject matter experts and other impact investors.
Boundless is seeking a Research Analyst with environmental and data science experience, as well as an understanding of Life Cycle Analysis. The Analyst must have strong modeling skills and will apply quantitative techniques to compile, analyze, interpret large amounts of data, perform statistical analysis, create innovate environmental and financial metrics, present the findings to clients, and produce substantiated recommendations. The Research Analyst will work with corporate clients and the Boundless team.
Responsibilities and experience should include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare project proposals
- Identify and understand problems through forecasting, gap analysis, quantitative reporting, research, and statistical analysis
- Attend client calls, respond to client questions, demands and needs
- Data analysis and statistical modeling experience
- Working knowledge of LCA and climate impact measurement
- Develop and build clear environmental and financial impact metrics
- Implement changes and improvements based on research findings
- Support Boundless documentation through Powerpoint presentations and technical reports
The Analyst needs initiative and follow-through and be able to anticipate the needs of clients. He/she must also be resourceful, professional, and a team player. and be able to handle numerous tasks simultaneously, prepare various written client deliverables, prioritize, meet deadlines, work well with minimal supervision.
Position will work closely with the Research Advisor, Research & Project Coordinator and the CEO on all projects. Candidates should be prepared to devote approximately 20 hours a week, with the possibility of transitioning to full-time.
Location: NYC or remote with the flexibility to accommodate multiple time zones in availability
- Master’s degree in Environmental or Data Science or related academic qualifications; dual degree with MBA preferred but not required
- General interest in impact investing, social finance or corporate responsibility
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in quantitative data analysis and statistical modeling
- Able to manipulate large, complex data sets using a variety of software applications (SPSS, SAS, Excel), including the use of relational databases
- Working knowledge of machine learning and AI; predictive algorithms
- A critical thinker with attention to detail and the ability to work with large data sets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with technical writing skills a must
- Experience with programming languages (Python/R) and working knowledge of financial software tools
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- A creative problem solver who can apply innovative solutions to data challenges;
- A team player who can collaborate across a diverse team;
- Self-motivated, resourceful, able to thrive in a fast paced environment;
- Positive attitude, entrepreneurial spirit, easy to work with
Please send CV and a short letter of interest (including availability) to firstname.lastname@example.org