Director of Climate Impact
Driven by the latest research by independent industry and academic experts, Boundless Impact Investing offers analysis, market trends, and evidence of best practices in a growing number of emerging sectors that address major social and environmental challenges. An advanced consulting firm, we enable investors, industry leaders and peers to connect for expert analysis, diverse perspectives, and real-time collaboration. Our investor education and expert advisory services offer proprietary access to both subject-matter experts and other impact investors. Boundless does not collect transactional fees, and is therefore able to maintain objectivity.
The company seeks an experienced climate scientist to lead the company’s climate impact assessment operation, building out the further development of one of the company’s main research product – the Boundless Impact Profile — and driving the strategy to create an impact intelligence platform focusing initially on climate scenarios for the leading technologies and business models. This individual will be an experienced data scientist with a specialization in environmental informatics and climate science, with background in life cycle analysis and systems thinking. He/she will be responsible for helping build out the infrastructure for this new research product as well as developing the research methodology for the new product.
Individual would have state-of-the-art data analytics capabilities, a strong familiarity with carbon emissions analysis, emerging climate technologies such as energy efficiency, food systems, water management, and waste processing. Our ideal candidate also understands how to help users and audiences interface with data and analytics to seamlessly transform a cumbersome and difficult process into an intuitive and user-friendly environment.
- Work closely with CEO to assist in the development of business goals and research objectives for Boundless Impact Profile.
- Oversee and build the team, operations and infrastructure for the research product. Director of Climate Impact will further develop and design the Boundless Impact Profile and build the software development strategy for it by:
- Leading and managing product development team to develop growth strategies;
- Creating the strategic coordination of online research, input from clients, data collection and analysis, and input and validation from third-party subject matter experts;
- Manage, guide and coordinate technology partners;
- Oversight and execution of end product(s) and platform performance.
- Ability to use life cycle analysis and literature metrics to determine carbon, waste, water, energy usage among other indicators for specific client technology applications.
- Ability to understand intricacies of technologies through consultation with clients to build input output models for use in analysis.
- Ability to analyze and integrate financial data into climate scenario models to demonstrate the commercial potential of climate technologies.
- Ability to translate highly technical climate science and climate scenario analysis into lay language so private equity investors can understand the meaning.
- Interfacing and coordinating strategies with:
- Leading climate investors and technology companies
- Sector-specific content experts
- Technology team
- At least 10 years experience in climate and data science, and developing or managing research or products for information platforms;
- Ability to analyze and understand company financial projections and costs, and to interpret and analyze revenue models;
- Proven, hands on experience with climate measurement analytics and metrics;
- Academic experience doing life cycle analysis or work akin to it;
- Relevant information management experience including an understanding of climate science, geospatial modeling, and impact measurement from an operational perspective
- Strong understanding of climate impact assessment, scenario and systems thinking, monitoring processes and data modeling analytics associated with life cycle analysis
- Experience with information services publishing and developing knowledge-based products, online platforms, and content;
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with demonstrated experience in new process implementation preferred and managing multiple product teams;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technology and software concepts to a range of audiences;
- Passion for values-based investing and technology and making the world a better place;
- Strong coding skills.
Please send resume, salary requirements, and a short letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org