Head of Corporate Development and Operations
Driven by the latest research by independent industry and academic experts, Boundless Impact Investing offers analysis, market trends, and evidence of best practices in a growing number of emerging sectors that address major social and environmental challenges. A market intelligence firm for impact investors, we enable investors, industry leaders and peers to connect for expert analysis, diverse perspectives, and real-time collaboration. Our investor education and expert advisory services offer proprietary access to both subject-matter experts and other impact investors. Boundless does not collect transactional fees, and is therefore able to maintain objectivity.
The company seeks an experienced Head of Corporate and Business Development to lead the company’s operations, the development of the company’s main product – the Boundless Platform — and drive the business strategy. This individual will be responsible for helping develop the revenue-generating strategy, strategic product vision, and business growth. The position will direct the product and technology development teams in defining, developing, and implementing the products offered to our members both on and offline including:
- Original research products
- Aggregated content from other providers
- Climate impact assessment and ratings
- Packaged actionable knowledge and data culled from our network of 600 industry experts private investors in the field
Individual would have state-of-the-art design capabilities, a strong familiarity with information businesses and platforms in the financial services industry, and strong skills in building and scaling business. Our ideal candidate constantly thinks about how to help users and audiences interface with the Boundless products to seamlessly transform a cumbersome and difficult process into an intuitive and user-friendly environment.
Successful candidates will have:
- At least 10 years of experience in information business, and in developing or managing research or products for investors;
- Understanding of the development and implementation of information business, publishing software and systems; and
- Demonstrated P&L success across multiple projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with CEO to assist in the development of long range plans, business goals and growth objectives.
- Oversee and build the company’s staffing, operations and infrastructure so CEO can focus on building external relationships with all key stakeholders, including business relationships with investors and companies, and building the community of sector experts to drive research. Position also will play an active role in further developing and designing the Boundless Platform and in building and promoting the high-quality content on it.
- Defining the product development strategy for the Boundless Platform and other research and revenue-generating online products and services:
- Develop and direct online revenue generation strategy through subscription model, impact profiles, and sale of research products;
- Help define and track our business development strategy, working with third party vendors to improve and develop products;
- Leading and managing product and technology development team to develop growth strategies;
- Creating the strategic coordination of online research, curriculum, library, and database of funds and companies;
- Lead curation strategy of online community of impact investors and experts;
- Manage, guide and coordinate technology partners;
- Oversight and execution of end products and platform performance
- Interfacing and coordinating strategies with:
- Membership/Business Development team
- Sector-specific content experts
- Technology team
- Proven success with organic revenue growth and team building
- Relevant investment management business sector experience including an understanding of risk management theory and practices from an operational perspective
- Strong quantitative skills, including understanding of risks, risk monitoring processes and risk modeling analytics associated with various investment products including equities, fixed income, private equity, real assets, and other alternative investment products
- Experience with information business, publishing and developing knowledge-based products, online platforms, and content
- Proven experience developing and scaling B2C and B2B products
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and objectivity in working with the investment and finance functions of family offices and private wealth managers
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and approach maintaining frequent interaction with key constituents including the investment staff of family offices, investment consultants, service providers, custodian and other parties
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with demonstrated experience in new process implementation preferred and managing multiple product teams
- Proven, hands on experience with industry standard risk management systems and market data systems
- Hands on individual, with demonstrated capability in identifying, framing and reporting issues to appropriate leadership and subsequently monitoring to bring closure as required.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technology and software concepts to a range of audiences
- Passion for values-based investing and technology and making the world a better place
- Strong technology skills and entrepreneurial aptitude
Please send resume, salary requirements, and a short letter of interest to: email@example.com